Project Controls | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 39 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching for those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
Reporting to the Project Controls Department Manager, the Project Manager manages, plans, directs, leads, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project initiation documentation to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of each project by obtaining estimates, requirements documentation, statement of work (SOW), and any request for proposal (RFP) documents required to begin the Project Planning phase.
- Coordinates project plan and staffing requirements for each phase of the project, and works with the Department Manager for assignment of project personnel as necessary.
- Creates project plans as per client or MSB project delivery requirements including task lists, schedules, budget allocations, and resource assignments.
- Ensures that the project budgets are phased and setup correctly in both time-tracking (BillQuick) and document management (Adept) systems.
- Confers with department managers and team leads to outline project plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Initiates project kickoff meetings internally and with clients to review tasks, deliverables, schedules, communication methods, and other project details prior to start of work.
- Establishes clear channel of frequent communication with the team lead and client and addresses any questions or concerns related to the project.
- Provides project status updates, budget, and schedule to team leads and clients on mutually agreed upon intervals.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conducts meetings with project personnel to receive weekly project status updates, resolve problems, and gather information necessary to report project performance to appropriate parties.
- Manages overall project scope and identifies scope creep to facilitate the change order process.
- Administers and manages commercial contracts with outsource engineering or construction firms.
- Identifies and tracks project risks that would prevent project personnel from meeting objectives.
- Escalates concerns and risks to Project Controls team and Department Manager as needed.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Utilizes earned value management techniques, when applicable, to manage schedule, budgets, and identify risks.
- Tracks project deliverables, documents, and artifacts while ensuring deliverables are reviewed internally prior to submittal.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies as needed.
- Conducts meetings to review lessons learned from the project and obtain project completion notice.
- Ensures transmittals and completion letters are sent to client.
- Verifies that all required project documentation has been successfully loaded into Adept.
- Collaborates with Accounting Department to ensure all accounts receivable items are complete.
- Performs project closeout as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 5-7 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in coordinating professional services on large capital projects
- Experience developing and monitoring project schedules using project scheduling software
- Knowledgeable in client engagement, negotiating, estimating, and methods of communication.
- Experience interfacing with teams comprised of design engineers, contractors, and field personnel
- Experience in managing internal resources and client relationships through multi-phase project implementations
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP)
- Experience using Oracle Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.)
- Bachelor of Science in any engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited program.
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance