Project Controls | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
The Project Coordinator will be reporting to the Project Controls Department Manager and is responsible for coordinating project schedules, budgets, and administrative activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters under the direction of project leads/managers by performing the following duties:
- Reviewing project proposal to develop project task plans, allocate budgets, create project schedules, and define closeout requirements
- Preparing reports relating to key project metrics (cost and schedule performance)
- Maintaining projects schedules by monitoring, updating, and reporting upcoming deliverable requirements and project completion duties
- Updating resource tracking charts and roles/responsibilities matrices.
- Scheduling pre-planning and kickoff meeting
- Setting up projects in time-tracking and document management software
- Documenting project deliverables ensuring necessary documents are uploaded into document management software
- Tracking milestones within project schedules
- Gathering weekly project status reports for Project Controls team
- Supporting project team by scheduling project meetings, conference rooms, conference calls etc.
- Taking meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up with internal team
- Assisting in developing project presentations
- Monitoring risk registry files and documenting risk mitigation plans
- Auditing documentation per closeout requirements
- Collects feedback by facilitating project closeout/lessons learned meeting
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience
- Includes Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience coordinating professional services on large capital projects
- Experience interfacing with teams comprised of design engineers, designers, contractors, and field personnel
- Experience conducting resource planning/scheduling through multi-phased projects
- Microsoft Projects or similar project management software familiarity
- Oracle Primavera experience a plus
- CAPM a plus
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance