Instrumentation and Control Systems | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
Reporting to the Instrumentation & Controls Department Manager, the Instrumentation/Controls Engineer designs and develops instrumentation systems for expansions, upgrades, and installations of capital projects using state-of-the-art technologies by performing the following duties:
- Working with a team of engineers, designers, and drafters to develop:
- Front End Engineering Design packages (FEED)
- Project Scope Development
- Estimated Total Project Cost
- Detailed Design Packages
- Drawings include loop sheets, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, and conduit/cable routing drawings
- PLC Layouts and IO Lists
- Cause and Effect Matrices
- Control Narratives
- Writing construction scope of work and instrument data sheets
- Control valve sizing and specifying various process instrumentation, basic PLC programming and troubleshooting, and HMI configuration
- Education. Bachelor of Science degree from ABET-accredited college or university engineering program. Electrical Engineering degree preferred but not required.
- Experience. 3+ years engineering experience in a technical field and/or with industries similar to the company client base. Experience in petrochemical/refining industry preferred but not required.
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance