Field Walk-Down Designer (on-site)
Drafting | Norco, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petro Chem, Telecom and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
About the Position:
The Field Walk-down Designer will be located on-site to independently perform walk-downs of piping and equipment assets daily as part of a group coordinated by the On-Site Team Coordinator. The Field Walk-down Designer reports to the Drafting Department Manager located at the MSB Corporate Office in Metairie, LA.
- Perform walk-down of piping and equipment assets.
- Conduct data collection/validation in oil & gas processing facility.
- Identify various types of piping, valves, equipment, and insulation.
- Read and markup various drawings including:
- Piping & Instrumentation Drawing (P&ID)
- Isometric Drawing (ISO)
- Equipment Drawings
- Area Maps
- Create field sketches based on data collection.
- Act as liaison to Drafting Department at the MSB Corporate office.
- Use basic Windows operations including file management and Microsoft Office to carry out responsibilities
- Upload work to the Drawing Integrity Management System
- Knowledge of process piping symbology
- Ability to walk-down oil and gas processing site by climbing:
- Stairs (two or more flights)
- Heights at various elevations
- Knowledge of oil and gas processing facility including utility systems
- Must be comfortable working alone in the field collecting data in production facilities
- All employees are paired with a buddy during the introductory period after which the new hire is expected to work independently
- Piping field walk down experience in oil and gas processing sites
- ISO/P&ID drafting experience in oil and gas processing sites
- Possession of a TWIC or the ability to acquire one
Nice to Haves:
- Non Destructive Examination
- Strong mechanical/piping design background
- Familiarity with personal gas detection devices such as H2S monitor
Benefits and Perks:
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance