Electrical Engineer (Senior-Level)
Electrical Engineering | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 40 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
- Working on greenfield and brownfield project design and development with a team of designers and drafters to complete detailed electrical installation drawing packages for medium and low voltage systems.
- Drawings include one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, conduit routing drawings, area classification, electrical schematics, grounding plans, electrical details.
- Perform electrical analyses, including but not limited to, load flow, protective device coordination, arc flash, grounding, and both static and transient motor starts.
- Programming protective relays including SEL and Multilin.
- Evaluating and interpreting client and industry standards and specifications for application to design.
- Coordinating with equipment vendors to ensure design intent is met including bid evaluations, drawing review and approval, and on-site support during FAT.
- Writing construction scope of work, equipment purchase specifications and data sheets.
- Ensuring manufacturing, construction, installation, and commissioning conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Estimates labor, material, construction, and equipment costs for total installed cost estimates.
- Using Microsoft Office suite software to carry out responsibilities.
- Education. Bachelor of Science degree from ABET-accredited college or university engineering program.
Experience. 12-18 years engineering experience in a technical field and/or with industries similar to the company client base.
- Experience in all aspects of electrical analysis including fault current, load flow, protective device coordination, motor starting, and arc flash using analytical software systems (ETAP, EasyPower, and/or SKM).
- Experience in project feasibility front-end engineering, scope development and estimating.
- License. Professional engineering registration (P.E.) in the technical field (especially in the state of Texas)
- Preferred Industry experience. Experience in the petrochemical/refining and midstream industry.
Your talent and experience are more than a resume to MSB. So, if you’re looking for a place where you can be valued for what you have to offer, devote your career to engineering project success for global clients and find fulfillment in the camaraderie of your shared passion, then you might be just one simple step from your dream job.
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance