Electrical Designer, TX
Electrical Engineering | Sugar Land, TX | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 40 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
- Layout, develop and assemble electrical construction work packages including creating one-line diagrams, block diagrams, panel schedules, cable schedules, area classification drawings grounding and power plans, electrical installation details, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Produce cable schedules based on P &IDs, site plans, NEC and client requiements including calculations to appropriately size and rate conductors.
- Size and specify electrical equipment including raceways, fittings, panels, conductors, terminations, etc.
- Create medium - voltage control schematics including integrating protection logic and relaying schemes.
- Work with a design team consisting of engineers, designers, and drafters to produce a complete drawing installation package.
- Support clients and contractors with factory testing, construction, startup, and commissioning activities.
- 7+ years of experience as an Electrical Designer in the petrochemical, refinery, and midstream industries.
- Practical field experience with the installation, evaluation, testing, and commissioning of various medium- and low-voltage electrical equipment
- Electrical technician experience (manufacturer, in plant or contractor) is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply NFPA 70 National Electric Code to installation of electrical equipment including, but not limited, to switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, panelboards and cabling
- Practical knowledge of AutoCAD to develop electrical drawings
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance