Drafting | Metairie, LA | Full Time
MSB is a growing and dynamic company, now a Gulf South leader in multi-specialty engineering services. Founded on client-focused solutions and tireless dedication to project success, MSB has more than 37 years of experience in multiple market segments, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering.
With that said, it is no accident that MSB is continually searching for dedicated and brilliant men and women who will hold fast to this relentless pursuit of client success. After all, engineering is nothing more than wires and bolts, without the people who order their ingenuity. At every turn, our world revolves around client success and, for that reason, we are constantly searching those who would join us in building on the responsiveness, technical expertise and quality services that have made us an industry leader in specialty engineering.
The Drafter, reporting to the Drafting Department Manager, prepares accurate detail drawings from sketches or revise existing drawings by utilizing Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software and performing the following duties.
- Producing drawings from sketches, photos, scanned images, redlined drawings, or other documents using CAD software and client or MSB standards.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafters, or other technical professionals within MSB.
- Reviewing own work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with client standards (or if not applicable, MSB standards).
- Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2016 or newer
- Experience using internet browsing software and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and documents such as safety rules and policies manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training
- Insurance, Health, Wellness. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement. 401(k) Plan, Performance Bonus
- Family & Parenting. Flexible Hours, Family Medical Leave
- Vacation & Time Off. Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Perks & Discounts. Employee Assistance Program, Lunch & Learns
- Professional Support. Job Training, Professional Development, Tuition Assistance