Senior Rails Engineer
Technology | New York, NY
Movenbank is rebooting retail banking... if you're current bank's your Dad, we're your cool uncle with the convertible. We're using design and technology to help people spend, save and live, smarter.
Everyone banks. We want to move past the current generation of online banking and bring new insights and information to our customers. We're solving this problem by focusing on big-data insights, a killer mobile experience and building a technology platform that isn't shackled by legacy constraints.
We're looking for a web engineer who wants to solve difficult problems with creative solutions. We're not looking for an assembly-line developer; we need you to help us shape this new experience for our customers.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including equity options for all employees, health insurance and a competitive benefits and perks package.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architect, build and test Ruby on Rails applications with our team
- Prototype new ideas quickly to "win arguments with code"
- Collaborate with the entire company, including creative, product, data science and psychology team members
- Integrate with 3rd-party APIs to act as the glue for our banking experience
- Help lead the development team in choosing our best practices, mentoring new developers and growing the Movenbank team
A Little About You
- You have experience building and testing large Ruby on Rails applications
- You're comfortable working with our developers to implement designs (delivered to you as HTML) using jQuery
- You like working with an agile team: we do continuous deployment, continuous integration and work quickly to try out new ideas.
- You've integrated and enjoyed working with third-party APIs (financial products, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- You're familiar with or have an interest in Cloud infrastructure
- You're comfortable working with designers, product managers, other developers, and even customers
Movenbank is an equal opportunity employer.