Programmatic Media Buyer
Media Buying | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Motive is a global app marketing company offering customized solutions that empower app developers, brands and agencies with the tools and expertise to build lasting connections with high-quality users. The world's leading mobile app companies rely on Motive's powerful combination of data science, leading technology, talent and grit to turn app users into long-lasting customers
We are seeking creative, driven, and out-of-the-box thinkers to join our growing team in San Diego, CA. Founded in 2004, Motive has received recognition for its performance across the mobile industry, as well as being named to the Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame. Learn more at www.motiveinteractive.com.
The Programmatic Media Buyer is responsible for day-to-day set up, monitoring, and optimization of mobile performance campaigns across multiple programmatic buying platforms. Buyer should collaborate with all members of the programmatic team to reach campaign CPA and KPI goals while managing margin and ROI.
- Work with campaign stakeholders to develop a buying strategy for each campaign, including ad formats, user targeting, SSP’s, bid strategy, etc.
- Set-up and launch programmatic campaign buys, calculate and manage bids, win rates, and CPM goals
- Leverage BI toolset to monitor live campaigns and adjust delivery to meet pacing goals, optimize toward CPI/CPA goals.
- Work alongside Data Analysts to troubleshoot campaign performance and delivery, utilizing data insights to create and iterate performance and testing strategies.
- Communicate with Third-Party Vendors to create custom audience segments and Private Marketplace Deals
- Work with Programmatic Partnership Manager to monitor and adjust campaign inventory as needed to meet client goals, as well as monitor and troubleshoot win-rates across various exchanges.
- Work with Data teams to build, improve, and utilize analytics tools, creating campaign insights and signals to monitor various delivery goals and KPIs.
- Work with Product Management and Development team to define features and drive enhancements to the Motive Interactive programmatic product ecosystem.
- Experience within the field of programmatic media buying and campaign management in mobile advertising, with experience in arbitrating performance campaigns.
- Strong skillset in data analysis and mathematics with deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of third party ad serving technology, digital analytics tools and reporting with real-time bidding experience
- Ability to prioritize and triage workflow according to the team and company's growing needs
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and resourceful with no reservations about tackling a tough problem
- Entrepreneurial in approach of media buying and able to think outside the box to come up with new solutions to improve the overall media buying efforts
- Ranked as one of San Diego's best places to work.
- Work in a fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- Casual relaxed atmosphere with a results-driven mentality
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits: Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Profit from working with a team on the cutting edge of the mobile marketing and advertising industry.
- Quickly expand your skills as a mobile marketing professional and build a valuable network in one of the fastest growing segments of advertising
- Awesome company events!
NO EXPERIENCE?- WE WILL TRAIN!
If you have strong math and analytical skills, the desire to learn and the drive to succeed but lack experience in our industry we are willing to train a select few individuals. If chosen for this opportunity and receptive to learning you will have the opportunity to become an expert in one of the fastest growing industries. For these individuals we ask that you include a cover letter, tell us why you should be considered.