Director of Programmatic Media Buying
Business Development | San Diego, CA | Full Time
About Motive Interactive:
Motive Interactive is a data-driven mobile marketing platform that combines over 15 years of experience in the digital advertising industry and sophisticated programmatic technology to drive user acquisition for the world’s top app publishers and Fortune 500 companies including the New York Times, LetGo and StubHub. Motive has been recognized as part of Inc. 5000’s exclusive Hall of Fame list for its five-year consecutive rating as one of the fastest-growing private firms in America and a top mobile media source by industry rankings including AppsFlyer’s 2018 Performance Index. To continue the build-out of our programmatic business, we are looking for a Director of Programmatic Media to lead our media team full-time.
Director of Programmatic Media Buying is responsible for day-to-day set up and optimization of mobile performance campaigns across multiple programmatic buying platforms. Lead the team as the main point of contact for the strategy to improve campaign performance.
- Develop a strategy for a selection of ad formats, targeting, SSP’s, campaign rules and optimizations
- Optimize campaigns for CPI/CPA goals
- Communicate with Third-Party Vendors to create custom audience segments and Private Marketplace Deals
- Collaborate with Product Management, 3rd Party Data Providers, to improve campaign performance, and gain insight into new features and offerings.
- Provide direction on how to improve campaigns: including bid strategies, curated deals, PMPs, creative best practices, and reporting insights.
- Monitor campaigns to ensure KPI goals are met
- Work with Product Management to help define features and drive enhancements to the Motive Interactive programmatic product ecosystem.
- Lead as the main point of contact for strategy stakeholders, analysts, campaign managers to proactively improve campaign performance through optimizations, reporting insights, and analytical recommendations
- 2+ years experience in the field of programmatic media buying and campaign management in mobile advertising, with experience in arbitrating performance campaigns.
- Strong skill set in data analysis and mathematics with deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of third party ad serving technology, digital analytics tools and reporting with real-time bidding experience
- Ability to prioritize and triage workflow according to the team and company's growing needs
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and resourceful with no reservations about tackling a tough problem
- Entrepreneurial in the approach to media buying and able to think outside the box to come up with new solutions to improve the overall media buying efforts
- Ranked as one of San Diego's best places to work.
- Work in a fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- A casual relaxed atmosphere with a results-driven mentality
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits: Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Profit from working with a team on the cutting edge of the mobile marketing and advertising industry.
- Quickly expand your skills as a mobile marketing professional and build a valuable network in one of the fastest growing segments of marketing.
- Awesome company events!