QA Automation Engineer
Research & Development | Maitland, FL | Full Time
Headquartered in Maitland, Florida, Motility, has been a trailblazer and leader in the software-solutions industry for over 35 years. Motility specializes in back office software solutions for the specialty vehicle market. Keeping that the key to success is a clean, seamless interface backed by robust data management, Motility cultivates streamlined communication across all departments, while providing owners and managers with powerful tools for meeting and surpassing their dealership’s goals.
Motility is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to play a critical role in our technical team. In this role you will be effectively testing all phases of the software development life cycle to ensure new products, upgrades, and enhancements are released into production with the least amount of defects as possible.
Essential Job Functions
- Write, design and execute test plans, including exploratory, automated and regression tests.
- Create scripts that run testing functions automatically.
- Identify and prioritize test conditions addressing product risks and features to be tested.
- Determine criteria for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Schedule test executions in order.
- Develop documentation for automated processes including test plans, procedures and cases.
- Log and document software defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to programming team.
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings.
- Set up Continuous Integration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple projects at any given time and prioritize accordingly
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Up to date knowledge of the latest testing developments
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in API development and/or testing automation
- Deep understanding of software testing, its main concepts, and processes: the whole bug life cycle, testing levels, methods and types
- Understanding of common computer languages required for different automation testing technologies, including Python, Java, C++, Perl, PHP, C+, etc.
- Programming skills including coding, basic SQL knowledge to extract data for tests
- General web development skills
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.