Director of Product Management
Research & Development | Maitland, FL | Full Time
Headquartered in Maitland, Florida, Motility, has been a trailblazer and leader in the software-solutions industry for over 35 years. Motility specializes in back office software solutions for the specialty vehicle market. Keeping that the key to success is a clean, seamless interface backed by robust data management. Motility cultivates streamlined communication across all departments, while providing owners and managers with powerful tools for meeting and surpassing their dealership’s goals.
Motility is looking for a Director of Product Management to join our Executive Team. The Director of Product Management is responsible for overseeing and implementing product development policies, objectives, and initiatives as well as leading research for new products, product enhancements, and product re-design.
Essential Job Functions
- Become a product expert on all Motility software solutions.
- Develop and execute a go-to-market strategy that addresses product, pricing, messaging, competitive positioning, product launch and promotion.
- Work with Development leaders to oversee outsourced development resources, including managing ROI, timelines, and deliverables.
- Build and own the product roadmap and timeline.
- Work with the leadership team on driving product strategy, in both new and existing products, to increase overall market share, revenue and customer loyalty.
- Implement and communicate the strategic and technical direction for the department.
- Engage directly with customers to understand market needs and product requirements.
- Develop/implement a suite of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure product performance including profitability, customer satisfaction metrics, compliance, and delivery efficiency.
- Define and measure value of software solutions to establish and quantify customer ROI.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Practice discretion when discussing the production roll-out and maintain confidentiality.
- Monitors and reports progress of projects within agreed upon timeframes.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives as well as develops budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Creates and analyzes financial proposals related to product development and provides supporting content showing allocation of funds to execute these plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Strong customer focus paired with exceptional presentation skills.
- Skilled at data analytics focused on identifying opportunities, driving insights, and measuring value.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Proven strategic and tactical leadership, motivation, and decision-making skills
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology related field.
- Experience in working with an outsourced development team.
- 5+ years of experience leading product teams in a fast-paced business environment with Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- Travel as needed - up to 50%
- Experience overseeing a system of record product
- Master’s Degree in Technology related field.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.