Research & Development | Maitland, FL | Full Time
Headquartered in Maitland, Florida, Motility, has been a trailblazer and leader in the software-solutions industry for over 35 years. Motility specializes in back office software solutions for the specialty vehicle market. Keeping that the key to success is a clean, seamless interface backed by robust data management. Motility cultivates streamlined communication across all departments, while providing owners and managers with powerful tools for meeting and surpassing their dealership’s goals.
Motility is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team. In this role you’ll be responsible for the design, production operation, and maintenance of the company’s Microsoft SQL Server and Azure data architecture in a hybrid-cloud environment. This includes dozens of High Availability clusters running on-prem and in Azure supporting hundreds of customers and thousands of users. This is a critical role for the company as we are modernizing our current software platform and eventually migrating entirely to Azure cloud services and SaaS product architecture. Working with a great support team of IT administrators and developers, you will be part of a close knit team dedicated to maximizing our customer experience and continuously improving system performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each customer’s requirements
- Design and implement database in accordance with customer information needs and views
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and reliably backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Plan and implement changes after hours and respond to production issues as required 24/7
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple projects at any given time and stay on top of the details of each
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify problems
- Preventative mindset to plan ahead and avoid customer production problems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Team player
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience in SQL Server database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience with enterprise, high-availability database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, replication, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with SQL Server Management Studio and third-party tools like Redgate and others
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) required
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- · MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.