Customer Service Specialist
Client Services | Maitland, FL | Full Time
Headquartered in Maitland, Florida, Motility, has been a trailblazer and leader in the software-solutions industry for over 35 years. Motility specializes in back office software solutions for the specialty vehicle market. Keeping that the key to success is a clean, seamless interface backed by robust data management. Motility cultivates streamlined communication across all departments, while providing owners and managers with powerful tools for meeting and surpassing their dealership’s goals.
Motility is looking for a knowledgeable Customer Service Specialist. In this role you ensure proper software operations so that users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests regarding Motility software with a high sense of urgency and accuracy. This position works closely with multiple teams within our organization: Development, Professional Services and Sales. The ability to communicate professionally and provide solutions efficiently is the key to keeping our clients satisfied.
Essential Job Functions
- Become a Motility dealership management software product expert.
- Determine and review criticality of customer issues and prioritize issue resolution.
- Own inbound customer help requests (cases, phone calls, emails) from initial request while communicating with customers regularly on status updates until successful resolution.
- Respond to customer solution requests in a timely manner which meets department expectations.
- Ensure proper documentation of the case management process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through final resolution.
- Provides estimates of effort for assigned tasks.
- Test software fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Evaluate performance of software and initiate actions for resolution and/or improvement.
- Utilize remote desktop tools to screen share, collect data, empower end user by showing them how to handle similar instances in the future and to resolve customer issues when applicable.
- Researches and resolves issues by writing simple to complex queries against databases.
- Perform both inbound and outbound phone calls with customers.
- Contribute to product enhancements by providing customer feedback to product management and development teams.
- Assist in contributing content within knowledge base, through providing commonly reported issues, questions, known resolutions, and troubleshooting steps.
- Have empathy and understanding that you are assisting to solve the issue to ensure the customer can adequately perform their job duties.
- Manages workload and competing priorities to accomplish tasks within agreed upon time frames.
- Meet and/or exceed both individual and department performance targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand computer terminology.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of software issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present information or resolutions in an easy to understand way.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at any given time and stay on top of the details of each.
- Adaptable to change in the work environment and processes as we continue to innovate our company and software.
- Team player
- Proactive and solution orientated mindset
- Be open to coaching and development from leadership and peers
- Positive attitude and very customer-centric; always willing to put the customers’ needs first
- Energetic about resolving client issues while providing excellent customer service
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience working in a technology support center or related area
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field, or relevant IT certifications or equivalent work experience
- Strong customer service and business process accumen
- Strong knowledge of Server 2012 through 2019, and IIS 8 through 10
- 3-5 years of experience with Windows workstation operation systems (Windows 10
- Experience supporting dealership management systems
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to twenty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.