Visual Merchandising Manager, Wholesale
Visual Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Visual Merchandising Manager, Wholesale will manage the department support of visual merchandising within a multi-channel wholesale distribution. The Visual Merchandising Manager plays a critical role in managing the day to day aspects of maintaining brand presentations, campaign updates and consistency within assigned wholesale channels.
- Own the conception, design, and execution of innovative and impactful merchandising solutions within wholesale environments, primarily open-sell gondolas and temporary display units.
- Partner closely with the wholesale team to develop solutions for optimizing merchandising assortments that meet the needs of the business for each seasonal update.
- Ability to create mock-up artwork and detailed renderings in Photoshop (and/or SketchUp but not required) to present and help communicate new designs, fixture updates, and product placement.
- Create project briefs that articulate strategic objectives for outside vendors to ensure consistency with design intent.
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials, costs, and time requirements for graphics and fixture production.
- Conduct and manage projects, in partnership with VM Project Management, to ensure that projects are prioritized and fully realized within a managed budget and timeline.
- Work with vendors to get cost estimates and to value engineer fixture designs in order to meet budgets.
- Steer partnership and lead design and planning with outside agencies in development of large-scale event environments and conferences, personal appearance events, and special store activations.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of corporate visual merchandising experience (preferably in beauty and/or gondola environments).
- Mandatory expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Working knowledge or proficiency in SketchUp a plus.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized, process-oriented, and exemplary time-management skills.
- Strong comfort level with written and verbal communication skills to all levels of management.
- Idea-driven, takes initiative, and a creative problem solver.
- Works collaboratively with team members and cross-functional partners.
- Positive and flexible. Open to changing processes, ambiguity, and willingly accepts feedback from all areas of the business.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.