Vice President, eCommerce
Ecommerce | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Vice President of eCommerce is responsible for all eCommerce efforts including profit and loss (P&L) for all web programs, driving traffic to the website, conversion rate and performance/functionality of the website. The role works with Brand and Creative to develop promotions, content, and design to grow the brand, acquire customers at a targeted acquisition cost, and to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Works with SVP of Strategy to create annual and long-term business strategies and revenue plans for all eCommerce efforts.
- Leads and manages day-to-day online store management including on-site promotions, product, and content presentation for all sites (5 in total).
- Develops and manages projects/team to drive customer and acquisition traffic and conversion to meet and exceed budgeted goals. This includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), affiliates, email, social media, and all appropriate, cost effective vehicles to drive on-line revenue growth and profitability.
- Works closely with the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager to optimize the email marketing strategy and execution.
- Coordinates the development of strategic eCommerce marketing and merchandising plans and campaigns, aligning schedules, projects, budgets, and resources to meet expected results.
- Drives best practices for eCommerce opportunities, processes and tools through continuous learning, keeping abreast of eCommerce trends and innovation.
- Provides accurate forecasting of eCommerce initiatives to Senior Management.
- Manages reporting and analyses of marketing campaigns and programs. Oversees and monitors website analytics and key metrics.
- Selects eCommerce vendors, negotiates contracts and manages vendor relationships.
- Leads by example; demonstrates the Company’s core values.
- Manages and provides leadership and developmental opportunities for direct reports including hiring, training, work assignments, and performance evaluations.
- Fosters a team environment where associates feel they are valued and important members of the organization.
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely, and constructive feedback to staff.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of the job functions and possesses the knowledge and skills required to perform the requirements.
- Personal credibility and business maturity with the ability to understand and apply the inter-relationships of eCommerce processes with Company objectives.
- Dependable, responsible and willing to accept accountability; holds direct reports and others accountable.
- Superior written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills with high attention to detail.
- Results oriented with excellent planning, prioritization, decision making, organizational and time management skills; works well under pressure and delivers on commitments with little direction.
- Ability to build and lead effective teams; ensures cooperation between the team and others.
- Strong customer service orientation drives a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence within the department, throughout the Company, and externally.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritize in a continuously changing working environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to set targets, design improvement plans and ascertain best approach methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and current events as it relates to our products and customers.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to the continued growth of the organization.
- Ability to hire, train and develop resources to maximize efficiency and effectiveness; recognizes and effectively leverages associates skills and abilities.
- Ability to create an environment in which associates feel they can express their thoughts and opinions, where they want to do their best and where their career development is clearly aligned with the goals of the Company.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to be pragmatic, assertive and influential; leads by example; skilled at balancing vision and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline strongly preferred. An advanced degree is desired, but is not required.
- 7-10 + years in an online, B2C eCommerce environment; 4+ years of P&L accountability, with the ability to provide both strategic and tactical direction as well as providing direct, hands-on execution.
- Direct, hands on experience managing traffic-generating programs such as affiliate, SEO/SEM, Comparison Shopping Engines, Marketplaces, online display advertising, and other marketing programs is required.
- Experience in developing and executing email plans and campaigns.
- Experience managing website content and activities associated with website launches/redesigns including menu architecture development and web page layouts and graphic designs.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.