Team Coordinator, Visual Merchandising & Store Construction
Visual Merchandising | Central London, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Snr. Manager Visual Merchandising & Store Construction you will be joining a growing team with a strong cross functional focus. Your role will be to support the overall VM & Store Construction process for the UK & EU across all planned activity on our distribution and marketing calendars.
You will be responsible for supporting the initial set up and the closeout of store construction projects including the relevant administration, PM, timelines & team coordination etc. You will interact with Finance including the raising and tracking PO’s, tracking costs, keeping budgets updated & any associated costs & fees with construction. You will serve as a key liaison to external and internal business partners including Retail, VM, Store Construction, Retail Operations, Wholesale, Contractors, and Finance to ensure alignment and consistency throughout all projects and channels.
The work is based primarily in our London Head Office however you will be required to have the flexibility to travel to visit stores, retailers and suppliers.
- Administration support for VM & Store Construction teams across all projects.
- Raise & issues PO’s, track costs to keep budgets up to date and communicate any budget updates to team.
- Manage weekly communication on project updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Management of Facilities & Maintenance work for existing doors alongside Retail Operations Team.
- Work closely with the graphic designer to order graphics & acrylics, receive and track quotations, track deliveries, and manage replacement store graphics & acrylics where required.
- Communications with Retail operations team on construction and VM store communications.
- Work alongside wholesale & retail operations teams to ensure that documentation, order & deliveries, and communications relating to wholesale doors is kept up to date and communicated to relevant internal and external partners.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders to update and communicate New Store opening timelines with internal and external partners.
- Schedule site surveys, obtain Landlord tenant packages including design criteria and as-built drawings, establish project schedules, and work with internal partners to schedules visits and surveys as required to New Stores.
- Work alongside retail operations team to manage logistics and delivery related to New Store Openings.
- Support store construction projects including follow up and confirmation of Landlord work.
- Work with Store Construction Team & graphic designer to keep Store information packs up to date through all project stages to completion
- Work with external partners to organize video and photography of New Stores and Events where required.
- Work with the wider team to help facilitate and organize New Store Opening events where required.
- Proactively facilitate the store construction closeout process to ensure all invoices and required supporting documents are received in a timely manner.
- Support Finance in the collection of tenant allowances. Ensure all required general contractor documents are accurate, complete, and uploaded to BOX.
- Oversee the execution and completion of store construction related warranty work. Coordinate all work with general contractor, vendors, store team, and Retail Operations.
Budget Owner? No
Key Working Relationships:
- Aligns/collaborates with: VM, Store Construction, Graphic Design, Retail Stores, Retail Operations, Inventory Operations, Wholesale and Finance
- Oversees or provides guidance: N/A
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent time & project management skills, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- A team player with a positive & proactive attitude, but with the ability to work independently effectively.
- Strong communication skills. You must be confident to communicate effectively with peers, the senior leadership team and internal & external business partners.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Self-starter, proactive, flexible, adaptable, ability to manage change within the organisation
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate records and documentation
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Demonstrate an interest and passion for the beauty retail industry
- Experience with projects coordination / project management. Experience in Store Construction, Visual Merchandising or similar field preferred but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel) and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to read construction drawings a plus
- 15%, predominantly UK, with some EU
- Ability to help with lifting boxes, merchandising stores, etc.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.