Studio and Production Manager
Marketing | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
The Studio and Production Manager works under the direction of the Director of Global Marketing. The Studio and Production Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Morphe’s in-house production studio, field production equipment and other A/V technology. In addition, the Studio and Production Manager also assists with coordination & production of audio and video content in the field when needed. Studio resources occasionally support live-streaming of events, social content, and in-store recordings.
In addition to having primary responsibility for the studio and equipment, the Studio and Production Manager oversees/helps to train regional Studio Morphe's on production procedures, equipment and techniques. The Studio and Production Manager consults and supports the Education and Marketing teams as they develop their video content strategies.
- Primary responsibility for the studio, ensuring smooth day-to-day running and maintaining the overall studio space to ensure production readiness at all times.
- Consult with and support editorial and content teams in developing overall audio and video content strategy and detailed production plans for specific content requirements.
- Execute and support of audio and video workflows for on-site and off-site events, including video live-streaming.
- Install, operate, maintain and troubleshoot studio, production and A/V equipment and serve as liaison with vendors and installers.
- Execute recording sessions and support other teams in production 10%
- Ensuring work is delivered within deadlines set, manage the booking and availability of the studio and coordinate studio schedules.
- Manage the overall budget for studio investments and initiatives and proactively plan for future budgeting needs.
- Stock and replenish studio supplies/consumables.
- Work with vendors to establish consistent rates (edit, video, photo, stylist, hair, makeup, etc).
- Manage prop storage.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or certification preferred
- 3-5 or more years of experience working in a production or facilities management role in creative services, videography and/or audio recording
- Broad experience in audio and video recording, production and editing
- Excellent computer skills (basic macOS administration, Frame.io, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to support and execute productions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with a team, problem-solve, make decisions and maintain a strong work ethic, reliability and trustworthiness
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and manage tasks independently
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Strong communication skills with a people-first mindset
10-20% travel required