Specialist, PR & Events
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Specialist, PR & Events, supports the Director of Global Marketing in driving innovative and effective campaigns through a balanced mix of tried-and-true plus non-traditional PR and event efforts to launch new collections and promote core products. This position will support the department in all functions, including daily media monitoring, managing all press mailings, conducting industry research, updating contact spreadsheets, PR boxes, maintenance of PR closets and any additional level of detail needed to aid in departmental productivity. This position will work closely with Influencer Relations to ensure the two teams are interconnected.
- Responsible for all administrative PR support such as creating and updating all PR department calendars, ordering PR supplies, maintaining and organizing all PR closets
- Maintain master PR spreadsheet and editorial tracking by scanning in all recent press mentions and conducting daily media monitoring; assist with KPI reporting and draft weekly and monthly editorial recaps to share internally; make monthly updates to share with leadership
- Facilitate all aspects of daily product requests and mailings, as well as editor, makeup artist and influencer mailings for new product launches and initiatives
- Coordinate distribution of all PR samples with the Influencer Relations team
- Assist in the creation of all new product press releases and monthly PR newsletter
- Manage PR inbox; field and manage incoming PR & event requests, PR opportunities and follow-up calls to editors, advertisers
- Assist in development and execution of new initiatives and PR events
- Help in the coordination of campaign-related event
- Enthusiastic team player attitude and ability to be a self-starter
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous Public Relations experience required (1-3 years), beauty PR preferred
- Excellent professional communication, writing and proofreading skills required
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented, problem solver and strategic thinker
- Has a passion for lifestyle and beauty news, current events, social media
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask and follow-through
- Must be prepared to work after hours and weekends for special events as needed
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Calendar
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and PDF formatting; experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience with media monitoring tools such as Cision and Meltwater a plus
- 10-20% travel required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.