Internal Application: Senior Specialist, Logistics
Operations | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position: The Senior Specialist, Logistics is responsible for ensuring international and domestic outbound shipments, and related tasks, are completed daily according to business requirements and customs compliance. Track and schedule logistics for international shipments, working closely with other departments to maintain delivery schedule awareness. Generate all required commercial documentation and coordinate with vendor, freight forwarders, and distribution centers. Constantly assess and understand risk to ensure all activities are in the best interest of MORPHE. Required to maintain export regulation knowledge of countries in distribution network and document changes.
- Creating, maintaining, and publishing in-transit reports. i.e. Shipping Logs, Dashboards.
- Proactive and timely status updates to relevant internal and external customers.
- Communicate and monitor cutoff dates/times to achieve scheduled departures and meet “deliver by” dates.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import/export documentation to clearing agents to include: (HAWB's, MAWB's, AES's, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Hazmat Cargo Declarations., Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin, etc.)
- Perform periodic analysis of transportation routes, costs, and vendor options to ensure optimum service levels and manage cost containment.
- Achieve comprehensive knowledge of company compliant shipping requirements.
- Apply working knowledge of import and export regulations, supporting all company related shipping.
- Build relationships and collaborate with vendors, freight forwarders and carrier representatives regarding air, ocean, import, and export, as well as domestic transportation.
- Ability to work with vendor rates to provide quotes for cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate the routing of import and export bookings with freight forwarder.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding of new team members.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and support to all team members regarding transportation logistics that fosters an environment for learning.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by understanding brand needs, matching to optimal shipping terms and delivering excellent customer experience.
- Actively review, update and maintain the company Vendor Compliance Manual.
- Support the customs compliance program to take full advantage of customs programs for which the company may be eligible for, i.e. duty drawback, free trade agreements, etc.
- Act as a liaison between company personnel and transportation vendors.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Applicable BA/BS degree preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility positions of related experience in international shipping, document generation, international routing analysis and development in a freight forwarder environment.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international transportation options and industry standard pricing.
- Strong analytical skills: Collect, analyze, and make recommendations using data about timeliness, cost, types of goods, etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and internet investigation/navigation.
- Demonstrated experience with order management and warehouse management systems
- Experience coordinating international importing and exporting via all modes of transportation.
- Extensive knowledge of domestic and international shipment regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated record of success in performing in an environment of change, maintaining effectiveness while managing multiple and shifting priorities
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to collaborate with business partners on organizational initiatives
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.