Senior Revenue Accountant
Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Senior Revenue Accountant will support accounting processes and reporting of the Company’s revenue streams and will play a key role within the finance and accounting group and its functions. This role works collaboratively within the organization to ensure proper invoicing, timely collection of cash and various aspects of the financing closing process and financing reporting to management. This role will also work to ensure compliance of internal controls and accounting policies. Success in this position is dependent on organization, collaboration, communication, process improvement and ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Oversee the daily revenue operations for the Company’s worldwide revenue.
- Ensure sales invoices are accurate and recorded on a timely basis.
- Reconcile and apply customer payments.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Review customer contracts and prepare accounting memorandums documenting key terms and accounting considerations.
- Assist Accounting Manager with month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and consolidations.
- Assist with procedure documentation, process improvements, and implementing processes and accounting policies within the company.
- Provide support for internal and external audits, including preparing audit schedules and ensuring internal controls are operating effectively in areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to system implementations and process improvements.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance and at least 4 years of accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience and CPA certification is preferred.
- NetSuite background a strong plus.
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred.
- Must have the ability to roll-up their sleeves and still enjoy the work.
- Retail company background a plus.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing condition
No recruitment agencies, please.