Senior Project Manager, Visual Merchandising
Visual Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Senior Project Manager will supervise and manage the Visual Merchandising calendars for Retail and Wholesale channels. This person will act as the key point of contact for department internal and external project production and communication. This role provides hands-on project planning and management to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved within budget and on time.
- Supervise cross functional calendars, managing short- and long-term project milestones by channel of distribution.
- Coordinate production, prepress and print quality management services, quantities and distribution with print vendors for new store openings, campaign updates store events.
- Act as department point of contact for campaign schedule alignment with Creative & Brand team partners.
- Work closely with the Graphic and Visual Merchandising Managers with load-balance and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all resources and budget allocations meet the scope of work for each project.
- Effectively communicate needs to the cross functional teams, external partners and stakeholders; facilitate ongoing communication and appropriately manage expectations.
- Monitor scope & communicate job issues, including but not limited to risks to schedules, costs, and quality on a timely basis.
- Key player in vendor selection, management of quote process and costs analysis.
- Process purchase orders and tracking, Invoice routing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience managing creative projects in a design or marketing environment required.
- Demonstrated project management skills including attention to detail, managing multiple priorities simultaneously and keeping projects on strategy, on schedule and on budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take charge, improvise, be responsive, and build consensus.
- Ability to engage a variety of stakeholders including the leadership team, Marketing partners, Creative art Directors and Merchandising team members
- Must have vendor management experience, including participation in press runs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage specs, timelines, budgets and to keep a design team on track.
- Macintosh proficiency, along with a working knowledge of industry standard graphic design and production software such as Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign.
- Knowledge of WRIKE Project Management System helpful but not required.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.