Senior IT Support Specialist
IT | San Francisco, CA | Contract
Summary of Position:
Under general direction and limited supervision, provides second-tier support to end users. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates us problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Maintain PCs (including hardware and software), printers, faxes, projectors and scanners, including scanner devices.
- Lead and manage small projects, provide coordination and communications to all impacted teams.
- Participate in special projects, such as office computer equipment moves, repair/maintenance or printers/Faxes and PCs, installation and configuration of desktops and laptops.
- Strong, proactive customer service.
- Document best practices and processes.
- Administer Office 365 environment.
- Setup, configuration, and troubleshooting network devices, firewalls, and routers (Meraki).
- Provisioning and administration of cloud services in Microsoft Azure (IaaS and PaaS).
- Maintain Active Directory environment.
- Maintain server environment in hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure (MS Azure).
- Monitor systems daily and respond immediately to usability and security concerns.
- Identify bottlenecks preventing more efficient resource utilization at the system level.
- Create education plan for increased effectiveness of technology use by all users.
- Work outside of standard office hours and on-call as needed after hours or on weekends.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience.
- Strong client service principles with the ability to communicate with different levels of the organization.
- Strong Knowledge of Wintel and Mac hardware.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server administration and integration of Desktop OS into Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy Objects.
- Knowledge and experience in IaaS environment (MS Azure and/or AWS).
- TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP.
Nice to have:
- Cisco Meraki (Firewall, Switch and Wireless Access Points)
- Powershell scripting
- Basic administration of MS SQL server
- Virtual Desktop environment
Certifications – or equivalent:
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+
Occasional travel may be required as needed
This position is based in an office environment. Primarily sedentary work with occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.