Project Manager, Visual Merchandising
Visual Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Project Manager, Visual Merchandising will work in partnership with the VP, Visual Merchandising and the entire VM team to support projects, timelines, and vendor relationships. This role provides hands-on project planning and management to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved within budget and on time.
- Design and manage integrated project timelines for all Visual Merchandising initiatives.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure timelines and milestones are met.
- Proactively create solutions when due dates are in jeopardy of being missed. Collaborate with stakeholders to put alternative plans of action into place.
- Conduct department status meetings on a regular cadence.
- Serve as primary contact with external vendors- Print, Prop and Fixtures.
- Manage new vendors and negotiate contracts as needed.
- Manage Visual Merchandising budget, working with vendors to ensure projects are within scope.
- Manage project-bidding process.
- Work with vendors to identify new, innovative and cost effective materials and methods of production.
- Lead complex logistics planning and processes for all fixture distribution to Wholesale partners as well as brick and mortar stores.
- BA/BS degree in management, marketing, or other related field.
- 4 - 5 years experience project management, &/or planning.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize work and multiple projects to meet deadlines and deliver excellent results.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills a must.
- Knowledge of MS tools a must.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and experience are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with team members and contract manufactures (domestic and international).
- Critical thinking/problem solving – ability to identify issues, make recommendations, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Leadership – ability to motivate and drive team to perform at their best.