Production Artist, Packaging
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position: The Production Artist will assist the Senior Packaging Designer on a variety of different print needs, primarily packaging. This position requires a solid understanding of design and type, an extreme attention to detail and expertise in prepping artwork to go to print. This person will interface with the Production/Sourcing department to review and sign-off on press proofs and will be required to go on press checks. A keen eye for layout, typography, and consistency throughout is a must, as well as experience in 4-color document creation and knowledge of Pantone color systems & spot color usage. This position will also partner closely with the Senior Packaging Designer to help create and maintain style guides, templates and standards when needed.
- Work and communicate with design and project management teams regarding project status. Prioritize projects with tight deadlines.
- Partner with Sourcing on color matching proofs/printing & making sure die-lines are correct.
- Partner with Product Development on color matching product.
- Partner with Brand Team on consistency for core and collaborations.
- Ensure international needs and requirements are met.
- Make edits to pre-existing files during design process.
- Design print collateral on an as-needed basis.
- Assist the Design team on versioning and editing files so they follow specific regional guidelines.
- Utilize technical skills to build and keep uniformity among all mechanicals.
- Independently manage complex packaging projects to ensure on time release.
- Follow established style guidelines for Morphe & Morphe Collaborations.
- Collect files so they are print ready.
- Archiving of files for future retrieval.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education.
- 3-5 years production artist experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS5 programs, specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including creating and editing Word and PowerPoint documents.
- Understanding of type / fonts, vector based design, line art, keyboard shortcuts.
- Understanding of rastor/image based artwork and design
- Understanding of printing techniques and specs/packaging limitations
- A good eye for design and solid technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player.
- Ability to juggle many projects at once, while maintaining quality control.
- Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot minor problems with fonts, applications, and with your system.
- Comfortable with creating and releasing small and large format files.
- Experience going to press checks a plus but not required.
- Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Retail experience a plus.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.