Process Improvement Engineer
PMO & Supply Chain Integration | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
- Manage multiple medium to large scale projects including ERP implementation, Warehouse Management System, 3PL integration and Order Fulfillment,
- Design and implement solutions to improve material flows and reduce operational costs for Distribution facility.
- Develop and implement visual controls in all storage locations. Ensure compliance with OSHA policies and procedures and continue to develop and improve safety systems.
- Actively participate in resolving warehouse inventory issues as a result of operational inefficiencies.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on specific areas of the operation to identify improvement opportunities.
- Document existing workflows and re-create streamlined workflows to show the gap between the current and ideal end states.
- Participate in cross-functional change programs and provide subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformation. Oversee testing of all functional requirements and validate results.
- Create work cell layout and work instructions for VAS (Value added Service) examples: Trade shows, stores and subscription business.
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
- Manage assembly area’s scheduling and through put to support business growth and optimize operational costs.
- Design a detailed description of user needs. Work with technical resources to develop, test, and document software in order to implement and maintain and operational system.(for ERP migration and WMS systems)
- Perform trouble shooting for systems and processes as needed.
- Create excel macros and MS access databases as needed to improve processes and to generate reports.
- 5-7 years related experience.
- BS in Industrial Engineering.
- Prior experience with Lean, Six-sigma, Value Stream mapping, Advanced planning and scheduling and ERP systems.
- Proficient with WMS systems, MS office and MS Access.