National Manager, Brand Education & Artistry Development
Education | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The National Manager, Brand Education & Artistry Development will be responsible for developing the Service, Selling & Artistry skills of our Retail Store Teams, and where appropriate, Retail and Education Field teams. They will create education and sales strategies to improve key performance indicators and drive key category penetration. National Manager, Brand Education & Artistry Development is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Store Leadership, Sales/Artistry teams and the Global Education Content team by executing a 360-education program that includes in-store, classroom based and social/digital learning initiatives.
- In Retail, acts as a business partner to the Director, Retail & Education in diagnosing and discussing business needs, puts action plans in place to drive results.
- Manage UK Training Budget.
- Manage and co-facilitate high impact education seminars/trainings and auditions including, but not limited to; New-hire orientation (MAI), monthly/quarterly new product trainings, Artistry/Certification workshops, Makeup Auditions, and other Education events.
- Support and participate in the execution of successful events, including but not limited to Grand Opening Events, Influencer Events and new product launch events.
- Drive digital influence by coaching Beauty Artists and Retail Managers on engaging with customers on social media, engaging with brand social media initiatives and becoming local/regional influencers.
- Delivering Service and Artistry Skill Certification Training through developmental education.
- Support and headline key events.
- Responsible for full cycle training execution to include the coordination of training times, venues, attendees, set up and break down.
- Work in-store to identify training opportunities and create strategies to drive the business by coaching alongside store team, leading on the sales floor and providing feedback.
- Constantly assess the training needs of the Retail Sales channels and provide feedback to the Store Leadership Team, Regional teams (where applicable), and Global Education to inform educational content and direction.
- Collaborate on the development of materials and execute “Train the Trainer” sessions.
- Key presenter in retailer education videos.
- Create and maintain a feedback loop by identifying and communicating effectiveness of training initiatives, training needs, staff performance, and morale with Retail / Store Managers, Regional Trainers (where applicable), and meeting those gaps through In-Store Support, Creative Workshops, etc.
- Act as a liaison for the Education team to share feedback from retail stores on training tools and curriculum.
- Assess the level of impact Education Field Trainers have on market, while considering the impact of current educational programs.
- Participate in Global and local meetings and conference calls to provide partnership and gain an understanding of the business.
- Responsible for teaching makeup application techniques while constantly improving and evolving personal artistry skill.
- Uphold Morphe Dress Code Guidelines & consistently demonstrate a polished and professional appearance, frequently changing makeup styles to reflect classic and current social media trends by wearing seasonal and on-trend looks.
Additional Primary Responsibilities (as applicable):
- Recruit, hire, manage, cultivate and provide ongoing development and overall supervision to the Education Training Field Team (Regional based Trainers).
- Overseeing the Regional Training team’s schedules in partnership with Retail and Wholesale Leadership teams.
- In Wholesale Organization, acts as a business partner to the Wholesale team diagnosing and discussing Regional needs, puts action plans in place to drive results.
Key Working Relationships:
- Retail Stores
- Retail Operations
- Global Education
- People Team
- Wholesale (where applicable)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in a retail selling environment.
- Proven experience in Training and Facilitation, ideally in multiple organisations.
- Highly developed cosmetic & artistry skill.
- Wholesale and/or Retail Partner experience a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and facilitate educational seminars, ensuring participant learning and mastery of content.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through developing teams.
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the customer, translating those needs into educational focuses.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships.
- Prior experience in managing a full Artistry Training / Regional based Training team is required with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, high growth, evolving environment.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Up to 80%
- The position requires moderate physical effort. Training equipment bags, (weighing approximately 50 lb. when loaded) must be lifted and transferred to and from vehicles and training venues. During training, packing and unpacking of materials is required. There may be moving and setting up of chairs, tables and furniture required at training venues.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.