Manager, Wholesale Sales- Independent Accounts
Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Manager of Wholesale (Independent Accounts) will be responsible for leading all elements of the business including the development of all sales-driving strategies, new business development, on-going account management and decisions regarding independent account distribution. These accounts range from global, nationally-recognized retailers to small independent apothecaries, make-up schools and beauty spa’s.
The role will have direct oversight for the channel budget and P&L and will, in partnership with the Vice President, Wholesale, will be accountable for driving revenue and exceeding agreed profitability targets. The manager will also oversee the Independent Account sales team and assume responsibility for the operational aspects of the department including order processing, account opening & evaluation process and collaboration with the Operations team to ensure flawless execution.
- Lead sales and merchandising strategies in partnership with Vice President, Wholesale, to grow the division (within both existing and new accounts)
- Manage product assortment and forecasting, developing new product and discontinuation strategies that maximize “sell-in” and “sell-through” sales potential
- Primary contact for key global retail partners, responsible for driving sales in these accounts and ensuring the needs of our customers are met and the brand is represented in the best possible way
- Responsible for channel negotiation, ensuring “win/win” outcomes for both the brand and retail partners
- Oversee the business development program, identifying potential new partnership opportunities to ensure they align and compliment distribution strategies. Manage the evaluation, contract development and account opening processes.
- Evaluate existing account base to ensure Morphe is partnering with “Best in Class” retailers and distributors, making recommendations regarding potential account closures where relevant
- Develop, manage and oversee the channel budget and P&L
- Partner with planning team to effectively build accurate channel plans and forecasts through OTB process
- Manage and oversee the channel marketing calendar, partnering with retailers to ensure to identify exposure opportunities, develop new product launch plans and maximize assortment efficiencies
- Work with internal partners to gather relevant channel assets
- Partner with larger retail partners to develop impactful visual presentations that reflect our brand positioning in an appropriate way
- Partner with education implement training programs for our larger accounts ensuring consistent and thorough training for retailer employees
- Oversee all Independent account operations, seeking efficiency improvements to increase profitability and productivity
- Lead, Coach and develop independent account sales team to drive increased sales and improve customer service levels
- Manage the market week strategy for larger global partners, ensuring timely and thorough preparation of all meeting materials
- Minimum of 3-5 years working with a sales or retail environment with proven success in driving sales and managing national and / or independent accounts, preferably within the beauty industry
- Deep understanding and proven success in how to drive revenue, manage channel P&L’s and increase profitability
- Excellent analytical expertise, partnering with planning teams to manage channel forecasts through OTB processes
- Experience driving revenue and overseeing channel P&L’s and budgets
- Multi-channel management experience; Brick & Mortar & E-commerce. Off-price preferred.
- Proven success negotiating with larger retail partners
- Must exhibit outstanding communication skills, both written and oral. Confident and articulate presenter.
- Dynamic personality who is able to develop great partnerships, both internally and externally, and at all levels
- Thrives in exciting, continually evolving business environments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Duties may require travel and overnight stay
- Light lifting (less than 40 pounds