Manager, Store Planning
Store Construction and Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position: Manage the overall Store Construction and Design planning and fixture development responsibilities and process as they relate to new, remodel, enhancement, and rollout project through concept, feasibility, build out, and warranty for the U.S. and Canada. Manage enhancement and rollout projects as required. Serve as a key liaison to internal business partners including Visual Design, Retail Operations, and Merchandising to ensure alignment and consistency throughout all projects and channels. Provide strategy and recommendations for maximizing efficiencies in cost, quality, and schedule including transportation. Accountable for managing and reporting related project costs against budget for all store projects.
- Develop test fit layouts for prospective store locations utilizing standard store design criteria to ensure spaces work. Address potential concerns with Retail, Construction, and Real Estate Teams in order to provide recommendation on whether or not spaces work to Real Estate and leadership team.
- Maintain store design standards. Work closely with Construction and Visual Merchandising teams to identify changes and/or additions. Determine strategy and schedule for execution of updates in a timely manner. Ensure standards are being implemented for brand consistency.
- Continually research and value engineer store design elements and construction materials and methods. Source new vendors and bid categories on a regular basis to ensure competitive pricing and high standards of quality and service. Work closely with Procurement to ensure costs are maintained and managed appropriately.
- Manage current store map folder incorporating all architectural, fixture, and layouts updates. Maintain one location accessible to key stakeholders for reference and alignment.
- Maintain store attributes list to capture all store specific design characteristics and construction data. Work closely with all departments including IT, Visual Merchandising, and Retail Operations to compile accurate and up to date information.
- Work closely with Visual Merchandising in the development of new and modification of existing fixtures. Proactively provide recommendation and feedback on materials, constructability, costs, and maintenance. 10%
- Review and approve fixture shop drawings based on original design intent, and providing comments as required to ensure quality fixtures.
- Oversee prototype development and testing as required, including adherence to design intent and shop drawings, quality, and budgets.
- Manage enhancement and rollout projects from start to finish including project coordination, communication, meetings, plans, bidding, budgets, orders, logistics, execution, closeout, and post-mortem meetings.
- Responsible for all project cost estimating and budget tracking.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Design and construction background related to architecture and interiors, and knowledge of current retail trends.
- Competent with current design programs and their capabilities (i.e., AutoCAD, Revit, In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong working and collaborations skills, and ability to be an influential business partner, while at the same time being proactive, resourceful, and able to challenge others
- Self-starter; strategic mindset; creative problem-solver
- Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks within fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and within tight timelines
- Flexible, adaptable; ability to manage change within the organization
- Ability to maintain clear, current and accurate records and documentation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Retail Architecture, Store Design, Construction or similar field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Architecture, Interior Design or Planning.
- Mid construction site visits.
- Construction punchlist.
- Store Visit as required for feasibility, construction, and/or maintenance related issues.
- Ability to navigate site before, during and after construction and to confirm craftmanship, completion, and condition of the store.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.