Manager, Sourcing and New Project Development
Sourcing & Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for managing execution of sourcing and project management of new development products for assigned categories. This includes but not limited to on time new product launch and delivery management, meet or exceed target margin, and enforces product quality of Morphe products.
- Source and develop new products including primary and secondary packaging. Manage the launch CPA.
- Manage new project timelines for assigned categories from brief to global on time launch across all channels,
- Work with Production Team to execute monthly Open to Buy accurately and ensure on time execution and delivery of all new product launches.
- Negotiate best cost, lead time, MOQ meeting and exceeding margin and cost targets for each new product at SKU level.
- Seek innovative and cost savings opportunities in every aspect of the job including in-depth cost and business analysis across sourcing region, suppliers, supply chain with forward looking cost impact.
- Manage and report vendor performance monthly / quarterly as well as enforce charge back policy.
- Manage and communicate vendor capacity reporting monthly and as need to basis by project and annually.
- Direct purchase order placement to factories by prioritizing jobs based on need, cost and factory capacity.
- Timely and proactive communication of delivery exceptions to cross functional teams as required.
- Coordinate with cross functional business partners to ensure successful execution across the supply chain.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly sourcing business reports to finance, inventory management, sales channels and allocations.
- Create and distribute weekly new launch status dashboard and provide in depth cost analysis and project status for each new launch project to management and cross functional partners as required.
- Collaborate with other business partners on any Supply Chain IT systems. Includes development, testing, training, implementation and identifying/executing post-launch enhancements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Sourcing, Manufacturing, Production or Procurement background for a consumer product.
- 1-3 years of management of staff experience preferred
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; proven time management skills, flexible with strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail and organization skills is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Able to make recommendations for process efficiency.
- Strong management and leadership skills to cultivate teamwork, coach, mentor, and motivate team to achieve positive results.
- Able to work in team environment and influence cross functional teams.
- Undergraduate degree and minimum 5 years sourcing and purchasing experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite including strong Excel skills.
Some travel is required both domestic and international.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.