Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Manager, Regulatory is responsible for the management and coordination of policies and procedures to ensure the global compliance of the cosmetic products and packaging which are developed and distributed.
- Provide knowledge of current and future regulations with regard to cosmetic ingredients, raw materials, label requirements, knowledge of marketing claims, and other related areas of compliance.
- Develop and maintain regulatory standards and protocols to ensure compliance with various international regulations.
- Request qualitative and quantitative formula information from contract manufacturers and create internationally complaint ingredient lists for packaging (both singular and blanket)
- Manage and oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory notifications and registrations as required by US and international standards to ensure compliance and timely approval for market released new and existing products.
- Work with cross functional teams in an effort to launch and maintain compliant cosmetic products in the US and international markets.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure regulatory requirements are completed within established product development timelines
- Monitor and manage the submission of international regulatory export documentation for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Implement strategies to ensure effective documentation control and management of international product dossiers and compliance files.
- Perform literature searches and regulatory review of publications to ensure up to date compliance with and international regulations, and communicate findings to appropriate internal customers.
- Interact and consult with industry specialists to ensure familiarity with current regulatory issues, topic and practices.
- Identify areas of process improvement and propose new solutions designed to increase value and performance.
- Significant knowledge of the cosmetic industry, its products, packaging and manufacturing practices.
- Extensive knowledge of global cosmetic and cosmetic/drug product regulations including; The Food D and Cosmetic Act (FD&C), The Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Federal EPA and US state environmental regulations, as well as EU, Canada and Asia international cosmetic regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers in an effect to facilitate effective communication of business needs.
- Proficiency at conveying information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Aptitude to analyze and interpret related cosmetic regulations and compliance standards
- Expertise in identifying and solving complex regulatory and/or legal issues.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Related scientific discipline preferred
- Requires a minimum of 5 years regulatory experience in the cosmetic, personal care, or related industry.
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.