Manager, Planning and Production
Sourcing & Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Planning and Production Manager will be responsible for the management of supply planning, product procurement, production and managing suppliers globally, ensuring timely delivery. In addition, this role will be responsible for cost optimization, supplier relationship development, delivery strategy/negotiation, supply chain optimization and working collaboratively across multiple functions. Will also support Operations leadership on various projects as necessary.
- Supply Planning:
- Manage inventory purchasing, availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock rates, inventory planning, sku segmentation and inventory optimization across global DC’s and supplier locations.
- Work with Sourcing on PO management; units needed, in bound tracking and receiving, including dropships
- Develop on-going relationship, processes, communication and expectations with global DCs and suppliers.
- Partner with merchant team to identify key business concepts and opportunities
- Support key SC initiatives as per SC roadmap:
- Monitor business KPI’s to drive improvement, customer satisfaction and inventory efficiency
- Maintain monthly dash boarding and daily or weekly flash inventory reporting; metrics such as turn, aging, obsolescence, etc.
- Process Improvement and Development:
- Partner with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and optimize sales
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years supply planning, purchasing or relevant supply chain experience required.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Experience with supply chain systems including MRP, MPS and DRP.
- Excellent analytical application skills (Excel expertise required) and desire to master new systems; productivity application skills (PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and initiative.
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Strong willingness and positive attitude for learning new tools and trouble shooting.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to influence.
- Ability to make decisions and risk-based recommendations independently.
- Ability to proactively identify problems, determine possible causes, and generate alternative solutions.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.