Manager, Inventory and Payable Accounting
Finance + Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Accounting Manager of Inventory and Accounts Payable is a professional that ensures timely and accurate financial reporting of worldwide inventory, and also manages the payable process. Duties include improving processes and controls and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization, collaboration, communication, process improvement and ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment.
- Review Accounts Payable activity and process weekly pay runs
- Supervise a team of Accounts Payable specialists
- Perform month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, consolidations
- Review and maintain account reconciliations, including coordinating the timely completion of reconciliation with other departments.
- Support system implementations, credit card program, accounts payable system.
- Assist with procedure documentation and implementing processes and accounting policies within the company.
- Work with the inventory team to accurately record and reconcile all inventory transactions. Including tracking in-transit inventory
- Review inventory receipts and support AP staff on performing a three way match
- Evaluate and track inventory costing by subsidiary and consolidated level for inventory on hands as well as sold through
- Perform and review product margins on by subsidiary, consolidated level and departments
- Analyze and record expenses related to inventory including tariffs and freight in
- Provide support for external audits, including preparing audit schedules and ensuring internal controls are operating effectively in areas of responsibility.
- Manage and coordinate the identification and track material costs, labor costs, and other manufacturing and inventory variances.
- Support and perform physical inventory counts and analyze count results against inventory system
- Collaborate with the Financial Reporting and FP&A team to analyze monthly/quarterly results and trends.
- Monitor and continually improve accounting and reporting processes
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance and at least 8 years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with a public company is preferred
- NetSuite background a strong plus
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have the ability to roll-up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work.
- Retail company background a plus
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.