Internal Application: Manager, Engineering – Packaging
Sourcing & Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Manage new package development projects and continuous improvement of product packaging throughout Morphe supply chain.
- Responsible for developing innovative and good quality packaging to support new product launches.
- Strive to continuously improve communication and support with cross functional teams.
- Help establish consulting agreements that expand our packaging engineering capabilities to escalate resources as needed to minimize resource shortages.
Packaging portfolio management:
- Lead and develop the strategy to create a wide-array of innovative deliverables for all packaging solutions.
- Development and application of project management standards, tools, and systematic processes.
- Participate in project management meetings to provide a preliminary technical assessment on packaging ideas, communicate resource constraints, cost-opportunity and prioritization.
- Assign engineering resources projects, ensuring critical corporate initiatives are prioritized and resourced appropriately.
- Evaluate resource capacity & anticipate future staffing needs to drive packaging innovation, to support product innovation, and execute continuous improvement & packaging productivity initiatives.
- Collaborate with all internal partners and suppliers, our Brand/ Marketing, Operations and Quality Control and Product Development teams as well as overseas teams and partners, as necessary, in the package development and approval process.
- Provide technical & project management guidance to global team of packaging engineers throughout the process. Provide input to project timelines, and challenge contingency plans to project risks & roadblocks.
- Accountable for creating & ensuring the packaging development process is followed with discipline and deliverables are met on time, within budget, and the work product has the highest quality [including design, development, concepts validation, compatibility, stability scale-up, industrialization & line trials, Mass Production hand off, trouble shooting and Value Engineering]
- Responsible for managing complex packaging projects & for continuous improvement of the packaging structure development process. [including primary, secondary and tertiary]
- Evaluate all packaging projects at the feasibility stage, and make a technical recommendation to go, hold or recycle.
- Evaluate all packaging projects throughout the development process.
- Approve all technical & packaging specifications, ensure they are cataloged and maintained within Morphe system.
- Liaison between departments, participate in management discussions and facilitate packaging processes at all levels.
- Accountability for production quality and efficiencies for new and on-going production, holding teams and suppliers accountable to the highest quality standards at all times.
Innovation & Change:
- Develop & manage packaging innovation pipeline in collaboration with the Brand, Creative, Product Development, Marketing, and Supply Chain Teams.
- Drive packaging innovati/on, assigning resources & providing guidance throughout the innovation process.
- Explore, evaluate & recommend new packaging suppliers, concepts, equipment, capabilities and process improvements for CM’s and Suppliers.
- Participate in the product change process and ensure appropriate execution of the Packaging Engineering team and requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of updated internal policies, procedures and external technologies within your area of expertise. Attend training and seminar and trade shows as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years successful experience in engineering, within the consumer goods or beauty industry.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably in the Consumer Package Goods Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field of study required
- At least 2 years leading a packaging engineering team and process in a product setting
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Are familiar with the activities of Marketing, PD, Planning, Sales, Finance, QA, Customer Service, Distribution and Manufacturing.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Auto-cad, Mini-tab and; MS Project a plus
- Experience working with 3rd party contract manufacturers, material vendors, component suppliers, print shops and 3PLs
- Proven track record of project & change management experience
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with peers and team members as well as suppliers.
- Successful track record of taking projects from concept to commercialization.
- An effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a global cross functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with problem solving tools including root cause analysis, flowcharts, and fishbone diagrams, FMEA and Design of experiments-+*
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.