Finance + Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Accounting Manager is a professional that ensures timely and accurate financial reporting. Duties include improving processes and controls and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment. The Accounting Manager is responsible for a multitude of accounting duties including management of the general ledger, fixed assets ledger, account reconciliations, external audit coordination, technical accounting analysis, support of budget and forecast activities, and ad hoc projects. They must apply generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely close entries and ensure appropriate internal control procedures. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization, collaboration, communication, process improvement and ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment.
- Perform month-end close activities including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, consolidations and budget versus actual analyses
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and compile financial package for management reporting
- Review and maintain account reconciliations, including coordinating the timely completion of reconciliation with other departments.
- Manage the accrual process by collaborating with business leaders throughout the organization to ensure that all transactions are properly estimated and recoded.
- Manage the process for recording revenue and the settlement of accounts receivable resulting from international ecommerce sales.
- Support system implementations, including Lease Accounting Software, and other accounting and operational systems.
- Assist with procedure documentation and implementing processes and accounting policies within the company.
- Manage the consolidations process, including the setting up of foreign entities in the general ledger, preparation of results and inter-company eliminations.
- Manage the reporting of construction projects, lease accounting and payment requirements for all retail stores and other locations
- Coordinate and lead external audits, including preparing audit schedules and ensuring internal controls are operating effectively in areas of responsibility.
- Collaborating with the Financial Reporting and FP&A team to analyze monthly/quarterly results and trends.
- Monitor and continually improve accounting and reporting processes
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned, including but not limited to technical accounting projects related to one-off transactions, implementation of new accounting pronouncements, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance and at least 6 years of accounting experience
- Public account experience required
- Experience with a public company is preferred
- NetSuite background a strong plus
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have the ability to roll-up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work
- Retail company background a plus
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.