Junior Art Director
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Junior Art Director will play a key role in crafting the imagery and design for the Morphe Brand. Focusing on photography art direction, this position will support Art Directors with concepting, planning and managing all aspects of on-figure and product photography shoots – as well as presenting to the greater teams and guiding producers and re-touchers with post-production retouching notes, distribution and toolkit creation. The Junior Art Director should maintain a competitive knowledge of beauty trends and innovation in the retail space, fashion, photography, and design industries and be able to manage multiple, large projects with many complex details.
- Present new campaign concepts and executions to leadership teams through swipe and mood boarding.
- Inspire and motivate internal teams and external vendors to produce great work.
- Plan and manage On-figure and product photoshoots including:
- Casting models and/or influencers
- Communicating vision to set designers, wardrobe stylists, prop stylists
- Working with photographers conceptualize photography style
- Leading internal and external producers with shoot details i.e. Shot list and run of show, product sourcing
- Art direct shoots to match proposed concept and give direction to models, photographer, crew, video teams etc.
- Present selects to executive team and influencers
- Markup notes for retouching and sign-off on final images
- Create creative toolkits for each campaign to be shared out to all channel partners outlining creative and photography assets.
- Elevate and maintain the brand standards for art direction and design.
- Collaborate with the greater Creative team and cross-functional partners (digital, visual merchandizing, product development, brand, social, packaging)
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience as an Art Director 4+ years as Designer working in the Beauty or Fashion industries
- 1 + years of leadership and management
- Strong background in Photography or Photography Art Direction
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive experience working with typography, photography, and printing
- BFA Degree in Design
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and work under pressure with quick deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Digital background is a plus
Travel Requirements: 20%
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.