Front End Web Developer
Ecommerce | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Front End Web Developer is responsible for implementing visual elements on the website, including new releases.
The Front End Developer is responsible for building the customer facing UI of our global ecommerce sites. This role will translate our company and customer needs into functional, appealing and high performing interactive applications.
- Develop new user-facing features, in partnership with the business team
- Responsible for fixing bugs
- Monitor technical performance of the site and optimize as needed
- Work closely with backend team for key initiatives to ensure a smooth customer experience
- Ensure technical feasibility of all designs
- Unit testing of all code before UAT.
- Collaborate with team members and stake holders
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and a mobile first approach.
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with one or more of the following ecommerce platforms Shopify, Magento and Salesforce Commerce cloud.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- Knowledge of SEO principles