Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Editorial Director is responsible for maintaining the brand voice for Morphe, turning business objectives into actionable marketing communications and working with the team to develop impactful campaigns across all media, especially social media and digital properties, distinguishing Morphe in the marketplace and from competitors. This role is a direct participant in the concept and creation of branding and advertising for Morphe. Global Editorial Director is also responsible for providing leadership, management and development to the wider Creative and Copy teams.
- Work with the creative team to translate marketing objectives into creative strategies, within time and budget constraints.
- Develop copy and ideas that are relevant to our customer at her point of interaction, especially in Social Media and emails.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic plans and innovative marketing solutions including planning, brainstorming and execution.
- Refine the company's brand voice in alignment with company vision.
- Ensure consistency in all editorial activity.
- Work with outside agencies to brief them on all aspects of the brand and oversee all copy creation to ensure that it’s on brand.
- Create writing guidelines for the copy team and internal communications team. These guidelines explain what the voice sounds like and why it should sound like that.
- Lead the team in brainstorming on strategic initiatives ranging from seasonal concepts to quick turnaround market response projects.
- Manage and edit copy writing for all channels (print, visual merchandising, web, video, social, etc) and marketing materials and PR communications.
- Meet the dates of the production calendar and come in within the budget—adhering to appropriate lead times and points of involvement with critical decision making internal partners.
- Work with creative partners to continually explore fresh ways to drive sales and to enhance the company's brand image.
- Create best-in-class experience for the consumer and ensure brand integrity is present and obvious in all facets of customer experience.
- Help to establish creative processes and oversee daily workflow of the team while prioritizing assignments and managing deadlines.
- Team up with marketing and other internal customers to focus and translate their needs into effective communications spanning all media.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in editorial, content or copywriting within a digital/retail/fashion/beauty brand or media company.
- Demonstrated track record of using content to build a consistent brand story, drive customer engagement and measurable results.
- Proven experience defining and applying a brand’s editorial voice.
- Ability to lead a variety of editorial projects from overarching strategy to day-to-day copy.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.