Director, Wholesale Field
Wholesale | Burbank, CA | Full Time
The Director of Wholesale Field will be responsible for driving sales in national retail partner distribution, primarily Ulta, by leading a high performing team and by fostering strong working relationships with Wholesale business leaders. The Director of Wholesale field will contribute to and help execute Morphe’s sales strategies in stores across the US and, in conjunction with corporate and retailer partners, will be responsible to deliver the Morphe experience in Wholesale channels. They will responsible for leading, developing and hiring a “Best in Class” field team, ensuring our new and existing Morphe babe receive the best possible brand experience in our retail partner environments. They will also strategically plan and execute promotional activities including events and new launches and partner with our Education team to develop and deliver outstanding education programs for our team and those of our Wholesale partners.
- Lead the Wholesale Field Team, ensuring channel strategies are successfully executed, meet sales, profit and end customer satisfaction goals.
- Collaborate with VP, Wholesale to develop goals, budgets, and sales plans for Wholesale, aligning closely with VP Wholesale and other cross functional partners to develop strategies for the Wholesale environment that exceed financial goals, operational objectives, inventory performance, and customer expectations and experiences.
- Partner with VP, Wholesale, on the building and development of the Wholesale field team structure, making recommendations to help maximize revenues, minimize costs and deliver optimum service to our retail partners
- Provide a leadership presence to the Field sales team that represents the Morphe organization’s values and culture. Communicate business initiatives and messages to the Field that creates connection to the organization and motivates employees.
- Recruit, lead and develop a Field sales team and develop a culture of passionate, high performance people. Inspire and guide through coaching, mentoring and leading by example. Set clear expectations and hold teams accountable for performance results.
- Assess training and development needs of the field team and inform priorities and content in training solutions; collaborate with VP Wholesale and Education team on accurately forecasting and budgeting for education and training needs.
- Implement and manage field support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning and customer communication tools.
- Manage budget, resources, staffing, and operations in accordance with business priorities.
- Manage operational effectiveness according to goals, budgets, and plans. Provide insight into ways to improve business processes, identify opportunities for streamlining operations and reducing costs. Flag inventory opportunities, as applicable.
- Conduct ongoing review of key performance indicators and results; identify patterns or trends; respond to sales, business, and social media trends. Work with Wholesale partners and internal merchandising, planning, human resources, and education partners to recommend adjustments as needed.
- Ensure brand presentation is executed in all stores, including, marketing, visual displays and educational rollouts.
- Collaborate with Wholesale channel leaders to create strategies to drive sales, through product launches, visual merchandising and promotional activities.
- Ensure flawless execution of events and promotional activities. Solicit and compile feedback pertaining to programs before and after completion.
- Identify and develop opportunities to increase local market penetration. Establish relations with key beauty influencers in region.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and market competitions through continuous market research and analysis to provide insights into areas of opportunity or risk for Morphe.
- Lead regular market tours to evaluate business needs and assess impact of Wholesale strategies.
- Organize and lead sales meetings as needed, providing leadership, priority and goal setting and developmental growth for the Field team.
- Elevate and support local influencer community, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years' significant experience in Field Sales, Merchandising/ Marketing inclusive of progressively responsible senior-level experience in Wholesale retail environment
- Proven track record of building sales and comp sales leadership
- Proven ability to create and analyze business strategies.
- A proven track record in delivering a high performance culture in a team through coaching, mentoring, and leadership.
- Cosmetics / Beauty industry experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build positive and effective business partnerships.
- Dynamic, passionate personality with confidence to perform with high standards.
- Highly creative with a keen sense of brand awareness.
- Must possess strong leadership, management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization values
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to travel 80%
- Possess a personal vehicle to be utilized for business purposes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs.