Director, Product Development
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position: The Director of Product Development is responsible for all phases of new product development and processes from concept to counter. This position requires a solid understanding of product development fundamentals with an expertise in color cosmetics along with the ability to apply strategic thinking throughout ideation and conceptualization. Manages timelines, internal expectations, cross-functional communication. This position reports directly to Senior Directors of PD and may interact with company Founder/President. Extensive travel domestically and internationally will be required.
- Manage assigned projects from concept to counter (create and manage Lab Briefs, clinical, safety and market testing etc.)
- Attend internal meetings, provide cross-functional direction, updates and communication, manage internal/external timelines
- Promptly evaluate incoming samples/products and provide timely feedback to external partners
- Travel to lab/facilities/tradeshows/off-site meetings
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7-10 years’ work experience and passion for color cosmetics’ product development
- • Must have applicable beauty experience and passion and excitement for the industry
- • Great capacity to develop various products, from vision to detail
- • Ability to be flexible and agile with internal teams on constant changes and condensed timelines
- • Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- • Must act as a proactive team player
- • Experience managing direct reports
- • Travel will be required – 20-50%
- • Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience, a plus.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.