Director, International Wholesale
Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Director of International Wholesale), will lead and manage the International Wholesale businesses in Canada, Mexico and Asia Pacific. The Director of Sales will oversee accounts with leading international retail partners and manage the teams responsible for running the day-to-day businesses.
They will also be responsible for identifying new market and partnership opportunities, in conjunction with the Vice President of Wholesale, managing all business development elements, from pitch to contract & term negotiation, assortment planning and 360 launch strategies.
They will have full budget and P&L ownership, including delivering sales, revenue and profit to agreed targets. They will develop mutually-beneficial strategies with their international retail partners, garnering maximum exposure and strong brand representation across all in-store and digital touch-points. They will partner cross-functionally with all major internal departments to ensure the needs of each relevant channel are effectively met, building strong relationships at all levels.
- Oversee and manage the international retail accounts in each relevant country.
- Primary contact for retail partners in each country, leading key strategic initiatives with buying & merchant teams
- Deliver retail sales, revenue and profit (EBITDA) to agreed targets
- Full P&L and budget ownership
- Lead and manage the international account team, ensuring the smooth running and effective management of each business on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for the development of all retailer contracts, negotiating the best possible business terms for Morphe and working with internal / external partners to finalize and approve
- Oversee the launch and introduction of relevant new retail partners, spear-heading relevant internal and external “taskforce” groups to ensure a smooth and impactful brand launch. To include, but not limited to, the following areas; Sales and Revenue goal-setting, assortment planning, Visual Merchandising plans, EDI and I.T. set-up, Channel marketing exposures (In-store and On-line), Social activities, Event & Education planning
- Responsible for the management of the on-going assortments in each channel, leveraging data and analytical resources to ensure optimum product assortment by channel, supported by appropriate inventory levels
- Partner with key channel contact (Buyer, Merchant) to exploit relevant channel marketing opportunities for Morphe, ensuring the brand gains maximum channel exposure across all key touch-points – In-store, Digital, Social etc.
- Critically thinks about and anticipates the needs of the business, developing impactful promotional strategies to drive sales and revenue
- Partners with internal Visual Merchandising team and VM manufacturers to bring exciting, innovative brand presentations to life, in-store, carefully balancing the needs of both the brand and the retail partner environment at all times.
- Act as the “guardian” of the Morphe business with each international partner, always striving to bring the brand to life in the most appropriate way
- Lead all key business meetings with the relevant retail partner teams, including quarterly business reviews and market week meetings, sharing relevant learning’s and insights to continually grow the business
- Grow the Morphe brand visibility on-line, striving to always improve the customer shopping experience
- Partner with the relevant buying and planning teams on the development and alignment of joint sales plans, monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly receipts to ensure that inventory is optimized, and targets are met / exceeded
- Lead all relevant sales reporting to the wider business, interpreting the data to identify relevant areas of strength, weakness and opportunity
- Develop comprehensive 360 launch plans for all key new product launches, partnering with both Ulta and the internal team to ensure relevant levels of brand exposure
- Deliver thoughtful and constructive feedback on Global Brand, Product and Marketing initiatives, always considering the “big picture” while fairly representing the “voice” of your channel partner
- Partner with Wholesale Field Director to develop exciting and engaging event concepts. Key lead at relevant influencer personal appearances to ensure flawless execution
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years within an Account Management / Sales / Merchandising role, working for a Beauty or Cosmetics company, ideally with prior partnership experience dealing with a large, national-level retailers
- International experience is ideal but must have proven ability managing multiple accounts and involvement with new channel and business development
- Proven track record of managing a brand in partnership with a national retailer, with success in driving, improving sales performance. Must be able to provide strategic examples of key “wins”
- P&L management experience a must, along with budgetary ownership and development
- Outstanding negotiation and relationship building skills which he / she will use to benefit the needs of the business with those of his / her retail partner
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work within an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Team management / development experience
- Bachelor's degree, with a focus on Business and / or marketing preferred
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.