Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
As a key contributor to the creative team, this position is responsible for concepting, writing and proofreading Morphe branded marketing, packaging, product copy, and communication materials. The copywriter must craft highly conceptual, creative, relevant and compelling copy that consistently communicates the Morphe brand voice.
- Support naming and branding projects and provide original ideas and creative input.
- Develop and write creative copy for projects including, but not limited to, all packaging copy, brand materials, social media, marketing, email, online communications, press releases, promotional signs and other marketing materials.
- Work closely with Director, Creative and team to lead concepts and write marketing communications materials.
- Responsible for understanding the translation process and is responsible for attending all copy status meeting (packaging, visual, web, etc.) and for assisting in the management of copy deadlines and assignments.
- Must be able to prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must always adhere to quality and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where innovation, creativity, a positive attitude, growth, passion and fun are valued.
- Utilize a consistent, compelling and brand-appropriate voice throughout all communications.
- Develop familiarity with Morphe products and industry trends in order to identify features and benefits and ensure copy is thorough and accurate.
- Review all copy to ensure accuracy of information and mechanics of writing, which includes punctuation, spelling, structure and organization. Correct and revise copy until approved and maintain history of all copy revisions throughout entire project cycle.
- Update and maintain Copy Guide with all new approved product copy.
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years copywriting experience
- Minimum of 2-4 of e-commerce experience
- Excellent command of the English language required.
- Thorough understanding of the rules governing the grammar and usage of the English language as well as familiarity with standard reference texts.
- Experience in beauty preferred.