Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
As a key contributor to the creative team, this position is responsible for concepting, writing and proofreading Morphe branded marketing, packaging, product copy, and communication materials. The copywriter must craft highly conceptual, creative, relevant and compelling copy that consistently communicates the Morphe brand voice.
- Develop and write creative copy for projects including, but not limited to, packaging copy, emails & ecomm assets, PR kits, wholesale promotions, and other marketing materials.
- Work closely with Editorial Director, Senior Copywriters, and cross-functional partners to lead concepts, drive clarity, and present creative solutions.
- Responsible for completing basic trademark & competitive searches, as well as understanding the translations process and trafficking translations for assigned copy projects.
- Responsible for attending all copy status meetings (packaging, visual, web, etc.) and for assisting in the management of copy deadlines and assignments.
- Proof all copy to ensure accuracy of information and mechanics of writing, which includes punctuation, spelling, structure, and organization
- Correct and revise copy until approved and maintain history of all copy revisions throughout entire project cycle.
- Update and maintain Copy Guide and Copy Glossaries with all new & approved copy.
- Must be able to prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must always adhere to quality and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where innovation, creativity, a positive attitude, growth, passion, and fun are valued.
- Utilize a consistent, compelling, and brand-appropriate voice throughout all communications.
- Develop familiarity with Morphe products and industry trends in order to identify features and benefits and ensure copy is thorough and accurate.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years copywriting experience
- Minimum of 2-4 of e-commerce experience
- Excellent command of the English language required.
- Thorough understanding of the rules governing the grammar and usage of the English language as well as familiarity with standard reference texts.
- Experience in beauty preferred.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.