Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Controller, in partnership with the CFO, will be responsible for overseeing the global financial accounting function while providing organization and administrative support for the financial and fiduciary operations of the business. This is a new position and the Controller will be a key player in the company and will work closely with all leaders and functions within the organization. Morphe is a fast growing company and the Controller will help us plan ahead as we scale the business both domestically and internationally.
- Oversee the timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reporting process, including coordinating the preparation and the review of financials at the department, entity and consolidated level.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly reporting package to the leadership team.
- Responsible for managing the Company’s reporting compliance, including ensuring the timely completion of the Company’s quarterly and annual MDA and Financial Statements.
- Work closely with the senior management team and report to the audit committee on a regular basis on financial performance, accounting developments, policies, significant estimates and controls.
- Responsible for managing the tax function, both direct and indirect and including the review of quarterly tax provisions and distribution
- Establishment, maintenance, and monitoring of internal control systems in order to ensure accurate accounting records and for ongoing compliance with the requirements of SarbanesOxley.
- Work with external auditors and resolve audit issues and ensure successful and timely completion of our required audits
- Responsibility for technical accounting research and interpretations to ensure global compliance with GAAP, including writing and reviewing technical memo’s and policy development.
- Provide leadership and guidance for global business expansion, including managing the impact of international legal and tax structure changes in business processes.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to ensure the seamless and accurate flow of data from business operating systems to the financial general ledger.
- Management of foreign subsidiaries activities, including oversight of external advisors
- Build an accounting team to scale with the business and maintain high standard of controls and accuracy
- Train and mentor team members to strive for improvement both in accuracy
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 experience and experience as a Controller in a publicly traded company. Pre IPO experience a plus.
- Consumer products or manufacturing industry experience a plus but not required.
- Active CPA.
- Experience with legal entity accounting and consolidations required.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- Strong emphasis on project/process management, including internal controls and SOX experience.
- High degree of personal integrity and professionalism, exhibiting selfmotivation, persistence, and dependability.
- Team player and ability to work effectively in crossfunctional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.