Contract Project Manager, IT Infrastructure Projects
IT | San Francisco, CA | Contract
Summary of Position:
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible to drive initiatives primarily in the infrastructure (Retail Store Builds and IT Operations) area of the organization. You’ll have excellent relationship building, leadership, project and team management skills and the ability to deliver business results with quality. You will bring a breadth of experience that will make you a valuable contributing member of the project team and not just a task driver and status provider. As a Project Manager, you’ll take the lead as you confidently lead small to medium projects of diverse scope and complexity.
- Plan, schedule, estimate, coordinate, manage, and deliver infrastructure projects within our waterfall and agile hybrid delivery methodologies (50%)
- Take responsibility for project deliverables, managing resources, change management and applying corrective action as appropriate (10%)
- Oversee the daily progress of the projects with regards to time, budget, scope, and quality (10%)
- Understand downstream impact of issues and proactively inform and escalate to key stakeholders to drive to resolution (5%)
- Update and monitor project budgets, actuals and variances (10%)
- Provide excellent communication on status to project team, IT management, sponsors and vendors as appropriate (5%)
- Manage multiple vendors on simultaneous projects (5%)
- Represent the PMO and PMO expectations within the project team (5%)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven record of successful projects that demonstrate complexity and vendor management
- Proven record of understanding system interdependencies, to drive teams to resolve issues and risks
- Excellent planning, written & organizational skills, clear and organized communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate artfully and work with multiple teams
- Deep knowledge of project management methodology including SDLC
- Customer focused with a strong sense ownership
- Self-starter with ability to drive the team towards a common goal
- Previous experience in implementing Retail Store IT projects and/or IT Operations
- Demonstrated 5 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in project management and tools (i.e. Microsoft Project)
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.