Category Analyst - Brand Development
Brand Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Position Overview: Responsible for the business analysis and productivity management for Morphe Brand products. Provide support and analysis to Brand Managers in developing category strategies across global retail channels to drive top line sales and increase profitability.
- Create analysis and support Category Managers in the creation and ongoing maintenance of retail specific assortments (to include US, Canada, AUS and EU) for Morphe Brand
- Plan and optimize category level assortment, for NPD, and core items in collaboration with Global Marketing and Visual Merchandising specifically to include sku range, pricing, edits and any promotional activity
- Analyze weekly sales and productivity performance at Retail and Ecomm and provide recommendations to Category Managers[, then partner with Planning & Allocations to action decisions
- Monitor category performance and market trends and recommend new strategies for increased sales
- Perform analysis necessary for Brand Managers to make product recommendations for marketing campaigns
- Manage brief process to Visual Merchandising for new products and edits
- Manage brief process to Global Marketing for promotional activity
- Coordinate approvals from Global Marketing and Visual Merchandising for related category assortment activity
- Own and update global retail assortment document, ensuring accuracy and timely updates
- Represent Morphe Brand team in retail meetings and calls
- Act as the main point of contact for field product issues, and monitor the “field product feedback inbox”, actioning issues as needed
- Partner with Wholesale sales teams to communicate retail assortment decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing or brand management analytical role
- Beauty brand management experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust level of detail and tone to appropriate audience and at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load delivering outputs and meeting timelines.
- Ability to react to project changes and ambiguity
- Strong creative instinct and analytical skill- ability to review, analyze and provide feedback to support the long-term health of the brand
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking/problem-solving – ability to identify issues, make recommendations, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams in a fast-moving environment and often under pressure.
- Strong relationship-building skills, and ability to leverage partnerships across a complex organization to get work done.
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.