Assistant Manager, Warehouse - Value Added Services
Warehouse and Fulfillment | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
Summary of Position:
Assistant Manager, VAS is responsible for directing and coordinating the Morphe assembly line for all kitted product and special projects. Develops and Leads of team including Supervisor of VAS to continuously monitor and improve the DC’s assembly functions. Must follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Ownership of DC safety and driving a zero-accident culture.
- Manages the daily execution of all inbound and outbound product to maximize efficiency and productivity of Warehouse.
- Assists Sr Director of Operations with the DC’s financial, operational, people and process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce overall cost-to-serve; leads employees, and peers to anticipate and solve problems and plan for problems.
- Continuously reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product.
- Manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs require.
- Supervises a team of Morphe and temporary employees responsible for completing kitted products and the timeliness of all outbound product.
- Communicates regularly with direct leadership team and Sr Director of Operations to coordinate activities and meet productivity goals, operating objectives issues and offers solutions. Strong ability to plan ahead and work off of sales forecast.
- Works with internal departments and request inventory in preparation for work orders, follow assembly instructions and QC outbound shipments to ensure quality standards are met.
- Continuous review of the assembly line & processes to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Meets deadlines and goals as established by management.
- Ensures a culture of safety throughout the organization by following Morphe safety policies and procedures- monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Trains and develops DC leadership and employees:
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback. Maintains a union free work environment by creating an employee-centered work place that demonstrates care and concern for all employees.
- Solicits feedback from Leads, Supervisors to monitor employee’s performance and behavior. Holds employees accountable for following proper procedures, processes and system requirements in Partnership with People Team.
- Provides feedback to Director of Operations on strengths and development needs of team members.
- Processes employee payroll and ensure compliance with required meal and rest breaks.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
Required Skills & Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role in a DC environment required.
- Must possess strong management, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical skills – must be able to, not only review, but interpret detailed data to drive business conclusions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate; must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Maintain flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated overtime requested per business and operational needs.
- Travel to offsite meetings as needed.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk for most of the work day.
- Climb frequently and lift and carry up to 45lbs. on occasion.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.