iOS Engineer Intern
Engineering | Remote | Temporary
iOS Engineer Intern
Part-Time ⎥ Remote
More is a hyper early stage startup with an ambitious vision: we’re building the next wave of social networking technology, where the screen is a portal to human connection and enhanced experiences, not a barrier. Our goal at More is to turn the smartphone into a device for enabling meaningful experiences in the real world.
We’re looking for a software engineer who is passionate, inquisitive, and excited about our mission to create and iterate on a brand new, native iOS app. If you want to join a startup at the ground level and work closely with the founders to realize a big idea, this position might be for you.
As iOS Engineer Intern at More, you’ll do more than simply take specs and write code. You won’t just build an app. You will build something that makes it possible for people to experience more moments that make life worthwhile. You’ll integrate a variety of technologies, like mapping and proximity, augmented reality, relational database management and others, in a user-friendly form factor. From prototype through alpha, beta, and public release, you’ll help us create a mesmerizing world from scratch. We are not funded yet, so you can earn a full-time position with more upside than anywhere else.
Among other things, you will work on:
→ Membership database
→ Location / navigation functionality
→ Review system
→ Catalog with location-based filtering
→ User interaction
Who You Are
- A tinkerer. From an early age, you saw problems that no one else saw, and you had a passion for hacking together solutions to solve those problems.
- A technologist. You have a passion for learning about bleeding edge technologies and connecting them to real-world, applied settings.
- A collaborator. You like to talk about ideas, to flesh out concepts with others of different competencies and turn them into fully-formed solutions for people to use. You view honesty and candor as a moral imperative, to an almost-religious level.
- An artist. You see software engineering as a creative form.
- Proven experience building high quality iOS apps in the iTunes App Store
- Strong background in Objective-C, Swift and understand iOS at a deep level
- Computer Science or Engineering major
- If you’d like to help us shape the next generation of social media, pease include the following with your application:
Provide a link(s) to your app(s) and/or your portfolio/GitHub
Tell us who you are as a programmer. (2-3 paragraphs recommended) Sample topics to address: What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What have you learned about yourself since beginning to program?
Tell us about a piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
Share your work history (Whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.)