Litigation | Richmond, VA | Full Time
Great Opportunity with an Awesome Firm!
Moran, Reeves & Conn, PC is a growing firm located in the heart of Richmond’s Shockoe Slip dedicated to finding innovative solutions to our clients' legal needs. We are recognized by Virginia Business as a Great Place to Work two years running by embracing our firm values:
- Being one team of professionals, respecting and helping each other as equals
- Producing the highest quality work for our clients
- Being responsive, creative, and pragmatic
- Holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards
- Treating others with courtesy, respect, and dignity
- Involving ourselves responsibly in our community.
The Position: We seek an experienced nurse paralegal for our medical malpractice defense litigation team who is willing to join us in embracing these values. Job responsibilities include:
- Organize, review, analyze, and summarize medical records.
- Identify expert witnesses to evaluate the medical care and treatment of the defendant, the ramifications of medical and nursing decisions, and the ultimate damages to the plaintiff/patient.
- Prepare periodic progress reports to the client, expert disclosures, literature designations, witness and exhibit lists, and other narrative documents.
- Conduct research to identify all healthcare providers of the plaintiff/patient.
- Assist with trial preparation by coordinating experts’ trial appearances, facilitating technology assistance, and conducting jury research and follow-up analysis.
- Maintain expert database, including their CVs, fees, HIPAA agreements, and opinions – along with comments regarding the experts’ defensive posture and their degree of responsiveness to the legal process.
- Prepare medical analysis summary reports for attorneys.
- Research medical and nursing literature regarding case issues.
- Assist attorneys with preparation for client meetings and depositions.
- Attendance at trials may be needed, including those that are out-of-town, to facilitate the flow of trial presentations
- Assist with discovery efforts.
Job Benefits: We offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits including:
- High deductible health plan (HDHP) free to employees. Generous employer contribution toward other plan options.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with generous employer contribution
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave benefits, including paid parental leave
- 100% employer-paid dental, life, and disability insurance plans
- Supplemental benefit options
- Business casual dress with “Jeans Friday”
- Free parking
Requirements: The successful candidate will enjoy working in our team environment, collaborating with attorneys, other paralegals, and administrative professional. Qualifications include:
- Registered Nurse (RN) certification and clinical experience
- In-hospital clinical nursing experience, preferably involving a wide range of practice areas or an academic medical center setting
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree is a plus
- Prior medical review experience for insurance or legal purposes in addition to clinical experience requirement is a plus
- Risk management or healthcare quality experience is a plus
We recognize the organizational strengths that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce; therefore, we are committed to equal opportunity.