Design & UX Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We create impactful and custom digital experiences that connect brands with consumers in relevant and memorable interactions. We partner in the digital strategy, design and execution transforming the world’s leading global businesses.
Our digital studios are worldwide, yet we are one collaborative global team who recognize the demand for all software and technology products to engage users through compelling design.
Our people are 'full stack’ hustler’s - digital citizens connected to the world of design and technology with stand out skills and business savvy - but most importantly, who like to get their hands dirty experimenting and learning.
We operate across many sectors but specialize in retail and financial services, healthcare.
Our Team: Our Vancouver office is staffed with a mix of User Interface/User Experience Designers and top-notch engineering talent working on exciting projects. We work with a different of technologies and tools, spanning from frontend web and mobile to backend and hardware.
We are looking for an exceptional UX/UI Designer to join our team of dreamers and builders. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
- Strong knowledge of user interface design process and methodology
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Ability to run “Discovery” workshops on site to help a client determine features, requirements and vision on what they want to build
- Ability to give design estimates and scope a client project
- Ability to lead projects and delegate tasks within your team
- Ability to manage 1 to 2 designers
- Demonstrates strong visual design skill, ability to solve UX problems, ability to work within an existing visual system.
- Able to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for its users with supervision from a Design Manager
- Develops a UX process that is repeatable and shareable.
- Works well within existing visual and UX patterns.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the design team
- Identifies scenarios where data would be helpful for making design decisions.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivation and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Strong client management skills. You can articulate and lead discussions around your process, explorations and conclusions.
- Solid up to date understanding of best practices, development and trends in web, mobile, iOS and Material Design
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organization skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick skinned person who can take and give clear feedback
- Detail oriented
- Strong self-management skills as well as the ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and integrate concepts
- Shares work frequently with their feature teams, product groups and with the design team
- Ability to provide thoughtful constructive feedback to other team members
- Taking initiatives in coming up with ideas/ processes to improve internal process
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as, Sketch and Invision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects + task at any given time
- Agency experience is a plus
Ideally, you will also:
- Value teamwork: demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional and distributed teams, including designers, developers and QA engineers
- Demonstrate skill and commitment to building and maintaining relationships
- Work enthusiastically: have passion for the work and the role; can-do attitude
- Remain calm under pressure
- Communicate efficiently and carefully both verbally and in written form
- Be meticulously organized
- Plan and schedule in an effective and productive manner, maintaining focus on key priorities
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates, please.